Atlus U.S.A., Inc. is currently seeking an energetic and organized bilingual Associate Producer to champion game localization projects and bring value to our growing team. Ideal candidates are fluent in both English and Japanese, with excellent spoken and written communication skills in both languages, a background in J2E localization, and experience in game production on console platforms. Candidates should have a strong and practical understanding of video game development and the J2E localization process, including translation, scheduling and budgets, and have experience in effective communication with colleagues in other regions and other languages.
- Reliable & Proactive Project Management: Candidates will need to coordinate with senior production team members to establish project scope, requirements, budgets, and schedules to adequately resource and execute on game localizations.
- Strong Production Skills: Once project scope has been determined, candidates must be able to effectively execute projects within schedule and budget while proactively identifying potential risks and mitigations to ensure that their projects can meet their deadlines.
- Translation & Localization: Up to 50% of the candidate's time will be allocated to working on translation of the game itself, as both leader and member of the localization team. This includes gaining deep familiarization with the product, translation of UI elements, story, dialogue, manual, and website. If voice recording is required for the game, the candidate will also be expected to attend recording sessions to support the director and voice talent.
- Effective Communication: Professional and clear communication in English and Japanese, both written and verbal, is a must. Being an effective liaison between multiple groups is critical, including interacting with Management, Marketing, QA, and overseas teams while ensuring clear communication of project goals between departments.
- Creative Thinking: Synthesizing creative solutions and ideas is a daily task, as candidates will need to work with creative writing teams and marketing to help products achieve their maximum potential, from implementation of effective production and localization practices to brainstorming ideas for the next Special Edition pack-in item.
- Team Player: Level-headedness and compromise are key, as candidates will need to work with teams of translators and editors to bring vision to localization projects while balancing the strengths of the team and the needs of the game.
- Content Presentation: The ability to create compelling visual and concise presentations is a huge plus, as presenting content to our internal teams is a requirement to move projects forward though the publishing process.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of relevant experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in the video game industry, with a focus in the console market.
- Experience living in Japan for at least 3-5 years, and experience working in a Japanese-only environment is a must.
- High level Japanese fluency (JPLT N1 to native), with a demonstrable ability to communicate effectively in a business environment.
- Experience in localization of Japanese content highly desired.
- A love and knowledge of the Japanese video game market and its trends.
- Experience in ADR and Voice Recording strongly preferred.
- Technical savviness with the ability to use a wide variety of software, such as but not limited to Office and Photoshop, and learn new software use quickly.
- Highly motivated and proactive, with the ability to get a lot done with limited resources.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexibility to manage other tasks as required.