A coordinator level position that supports the marketing function by owning the outward and inward flow of Japanese-language communications with key approving parties. Key approving parties may include but are not limited to development teams, licensors, and support teams. Maintains communications with internal cross-functional teams including brand, comms, events, and creative services to gather the needed information and assets as they become available and execute submissions. Interprets for marketing team members in live situations when necessary or requested.
Accountable for a specific function.
Role in Strategy / Planning
Aligns own schedule to meet the needs of the larger title-based marketing plans as defined by the needs of the brand, comms, events, and creative services teams. May influence schedules of asset development to meet deployment deadlines, as determined by the larger marketing plans.
Knowledge / Problem Solving
Applies basic problem solving techniques to routine problems.
Negotiations / Interactions
Interacts with peers and managers to share information and source information and assets needed to carry out function.
Assignment of Work
Does not manage employees.
Progress on work is subject to regular oversight by manager.
Specific Job Duties
- Collect, organize, and present information for reviewing parties, and then manage communication flow to maximize success of gaining approvals on schedule. Regularly communicate with cross-functional teams about schedule, status, and deliverables.
- Provide guidance to internal teams based on unique understanding of the temperament and needs of the various stakeholders.
- Interpret for the marketing team members during meetings, video conferences, and presentations (Japanese to English, English to Japanese).
- Stay on top of news and announcements relating to our brands and intellectual properties.
Qualifications & Requirement
- 2+ years experience managing information, communication, and asset flow in a consumer goods or entertainment company.
- Extremely organized, able to efficiently run systems and even create new ones to maintain control over many moving projects.
- Fully bilingual in English and Japanese with excellent understanding of both cultures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and professional manner.
- Willing to work some overtime and conduct meetings with Europe and Japan outside official business hours. Occasional work over the weekend and travel may be required.
- Ability to multitask and stay organized in fast-paced environment.
Minimal travel required, 0-10%.