Calling all Phantom Thieves,
Happy Persona 5 Royal Launch Day! I’m here to answer any of your questions with a quick FAQ:
Will the original Persona 5 save data transfer over?
Persona 5 Royal is a completely new experience and will not support Persona 5 save data. However, the game will recognize previous Persona 5 save data and reward you with a bundle of items.
How do I access the free, original Persona 5 DLC?
Once you have finished installing Persona 5 Royal, the original Persona 5 DLC will be available for free download from PlayStation Store.
Are there any major bugs to be aware of?
Please note that once installed, DLC will affect the game’s save data. Any save data that contains the add-on data will become inaccessible if the rights to the DLC are compromised. Some examples of this include:
- Save data transfers to another PS4 without the add-on
- A primary user with the add-on changes their primary PS4
- Starting the game without being connected to PSN
What can I expect in Persona 5 Royal?
Check out this trailer!
What are the guidelines on streaming the game?
Persona 5 Royal can be streamed using the PlayStation 4’s Share function up until the in-game date of December 24th. Scenes past this date will not be capturable using this feature.
Persona 5 Royal is a story-heavy game that adds an entirely new semester and new characters never-before experienced in Persona 5. Please respect your fellow players, don’t spoil the story for them, and be mindful of the content you post.
If you do stream, here are just a few guidelines:
- Please appropriately mark spoilers if sharing story content.
- Include the copyright logos ©ATLUS ©SEGA.
- Stick to normal streaming guidelines, such as do not slander the game or other players.
- Please do not make BGM videos.
- Most of all, enjoy Persona 5 Royal!
On behalf of ATLUS and SEGA, thank you for your support!
– Ari Advincula, Communications Manager